The student news site of Parkway South High School. All opinion pieces represent the views of the writer alone, not the school or district.

Treaty

Treaty

Treaty

What a spooky job!!

Senior Kyra Rhoades talks about gig as a scare actor
Kyra Rhoades
Senior Kyra Rhoades shows off her Prom Queen costume. Rhoades is a scare actor at Creepyworld.

There are a variety of different unique jobs that students at South High occupy. Senior Kyra Rhoades was busy this Halloween season–because her job was being scare actor.

Rhoades took on her new career as a scare actor at Creepyworld Screampark in Fenton. The hiring process consisted of questions like if they where in a spooky scenario what would they do,  if you were a witch and you were looking for a special ingredient for a potion. This was a part of their auditions and it showed the applicants’ improv skills but most importantly their creepy acting. Creepyworld even hosted a Scare Actor Ghoul School, to train the actors for their show time.

“Ghoul School would help teach us how to act by playing games. One game we turned into werewolves and another was a slow motion simulation game were the actors were samurais and they had to find out why they were killing in slow motion,” said Rhodes.

After the audition process Rhoades got assigned her character. Rhoades’ character was a prom queen who killed all of her competition. Although Rhoades really enjoyed her character, what made her most excited was seeing the different makeup and costume she would get each shift. 

“They use airbrush makeup and never have a set look for a character, and they also use fake blood splatters which is really fun,” said Rhoades

Rhoades is also a part of South High’s theatre program and the skills she’s learned from South, she applies them to her acting at work.

“I use a lot of my improv skills at work because a lot of people ask me random questions and I have to be on my feet to answer them,” she said.

Rhodes shared that one of her funniest moments was when someone went down on one knee and proposed to her. Where she then used improv to say “I only date prom kings.”

Rhoades gave her advice to people who love to act but are a little discouraged.

“If you want to scare act honestly just do it, if your in theater and you like horror, scare acting is a great opportunity for a short term commitment and its a great way to meet very unique people,” she said.