The student news site of Parkway South High School

Treaty

Porano Pasta

A Review

Homemade pasta with alfredo and pepper sauce, crispy garlic, and mozzarella cheese pairs perfectly with a grapefruit soda.

You might wonder what could possibly be better than a bowl of hot, delicious, well-priced pasta. Well, the answer is hot, delicious, well-priced, customizable pasta.

At Porano Pasta, named for an Italian city where James Beard award-winning chef Gerard Craft found inspiration, that’s exactly what you can get. Homemade pasta is available Sun-Thurs 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Fri-Sat 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. The restaurant, located downtown on Washington Avenue near the Blues Museum, is set up similar to Subway, so that you can create any dish you want.

The first option is the bowl. Prices are $8.95 for a regular or $12.95 for a large. Options include their unique homemade pasta as well as gluten-free pasta, rice, farro (an Italian grain), or romaine and kale salad.

Next you choose a sauce from numerous options ranging from traditional pasta sauces to salad dressings and including some more adventurous options as well.

The third choice is a protein or vegetable option, which includes slow-roasted pork, spicy local tofu, seasonal vegetables, and others. Opting out of protein reduces the price to $5.95 for a small or $8.95 for a large.

Finally, you can choose two of many extra topping choices to finish off your dish such as crispy garlic, fresh herbs, and various cheeses.

Porano also offers kids menu options, appetizers, gelato pops, and Lucky’s brand sodas, as well as wine and beer options. In addition, they provide delivery and catering.

At Porano I tried a couple of dishes, including the pomodoro (red sauce) and alfredo sauce, the seasonal vegetables, crispy garlic, mozzarella cheese, and fresh herbs. Every single thing I tasted was delicious. There is a freshness at Porano that I have encountered in very few places, and it suits the options well. I also enjoyed the unique beverage options, especially their grapefruit soda. I mean how many places offer that?

Porano couples its exquisite menu with a modern-but-cozy atmosphere, offering booths, tables, and even foosball tables in its upstairs dining room.

I would highly recommend that anyone and everyone give Porano a try and experience the extraordinarily unique, fresh, delicious, and diverse menu.

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

Tyler, The Creator comes to the Pageant

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

SNES may be one of the hottest gifts this Christmas

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

Preview of iPhone 8 and X

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

Mom-and-Pop Shops Still Exist

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

LouFest will be the place to be for music fans

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

Festival of Nations was a huge success!

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

Technology for back-to-school

• Entertainment

What can love do at Parkway South?

• Porano Pasta

Entertainment

Ice cream vs. Frozen custard

• Entertainment

The Little Paris Bookshop

Porano Pasta