Treaty

Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

South boys' basketball to face DeSmet at Kirkwood tomorrow

Back to Article
Back to Article

Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

AJ Sommer and Adam Sommer play defense in a game against Parkway West. The Patriots beat the Longhorns, 69-31

Wagner Portrait Group

Wagner Portrait Group

Wagner Portrait Group

The varsity boys basketball team has won the Suburban West Conference title for the second year in a row, and now travels to Kirkwood High School to play the DeSmet Spartans tomorrow at 5:30 in the Class 5 District 5 Semifinals.

South defeated Northwest High School, 68-24 on Feb. 16 to secure the Conference title this season. South finished the regular season with an overall record of 17-8. This season has had a lot of success thanks to the many leading scorers. At press time, AJ Sommer leads the team offensively with 367 points, Adam Sommer has 301 points, and Jordan Doyle has 274 points. All of this year’s success is under South’s first-year head coach, Matt Roach.

CBC and Kirkwood are set to play right after the South/DeSmet game tomorrow night. Winners of both games will move onto the Class 5 District 5 Championship which will take place at Kirkwood on March 1 at 7 p.m.

This past Saturday DeSmet defeated Rockwood Summit, 64-44.  DeSmet’s leading scorers this season are Yaya Keita with 268 points, Brooks Ford with 220 points, and Jeremiah Walker with 205 points.
Earlier this season in December South played DeSmet and beat the Spartans, 70-57. With DeSmet having a current season record of 7-18 going into the semi-finals, it brings the momentum in South’s favor, according to senior center Jack Mullen.

“Our team is very confident with how we’ve been playing games lately. We expect to come away with a well-fought win,” said Mullen.

So far the players have shown personal goals and targets which they hope to achieve in tomorrow night’s game.

“I hope we play together like we have been. If we trust each other and play our game, we should be able to take care of business,” said senior center Matt DeRouse.

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

Sports

NBA in the spotlight

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

Opinions

Misconduct in the marketplace

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

News

Captain Cube

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

News

Dancing Duo!

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

Entertainment

Bird Box is a bust

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

News

Let’s try this again

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

Opinions

Future of streaming media?

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

Sports

Team Title Drought

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

Sports

Mizzou Madness?

• Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night

Opinions

Gillette: The best an ad can get

The student news site of Parkway South High School
Patriots vs. Spartans tomorrow night