Jean+Nalbandian

Jean Nalbandian

Jean Nalbandian, an English teacher here at South reminisces on some of her favorite memories from teaching. 

“There are too many memories to describe, but in general, my best memories came from laughing with my students, acting out Romeo and Juliet with my freshmen in full costume, and celebrating milestones such as births, weddings, and retirements with my colleagues.” 

With so many memories and wonderful times Nalbandian shares the emotions that come with such a memorable experience. 

“I have mixed feelings about retiring.  I am mostly looking forward to being able to sleep in and spend a lot of time outdoors when the weather is nice and spending more time with my family.  I will miss my students and colleagues, terribly, however, so you might see me subbing or dropping in for visits.” 

Nalbandian shares the plans that she has for the future but one thing is she will never completely give up teaching 

“I will spend much more time with family, volunteer, read to my heart’s content, maybe sub or teach part-time, and hopefully get involved in the local arts community.”

As the year comes to a close Nalbandian gives some final thoughts on how being a teacher has helped her grow as a person. 

“I have also learned that being a good teacher means being a good student. I am so thankful that fate sent me to Parkway South.  I could fill up the whole newspaper thanking teachers, principals, secretaries, custodians, parents, and of course, students, for everything they have taught me and the many ways in which they have supported me.  Go Patriots!”

Treaty • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in