Opinions Writer Drew Smith

Looking back to freshman year I would’ve never thought that some of the people that I’m closest with were ever going to turn out to be my friends and I also have my friends that I’ve kept since middle school. Going through high school has been a roller coaster for me and I know that friends have kept me happy through my school career. You may have fights with your friends but that’s nothing compared to the help they’ll give you when you need it most. I believe 70 percent of high school I have spent in Jack Mullen’s basement with 12 of my best friends and I wouldn’t have taken it any other way. I can remember almost every time I sat there trying to find plans with them to just watching random YouTube videos to even turning the music up and partying with them. Friends have been the most influential part of the past four years of my life. I know I could turn to anyone of my boys and they’d have my back and be there for be there for me immediately.

So stay in touch with your friends you have now even if you won’t see each other often because as you get older making friendships like the ones you have right now becomes more and more difficult. I know many of you are thinking that you don’t ever want to think about high school ever again, but I know later down the line you will think of it fondly. I know this because you won’t think about what your grades were, what the quadratic equation is, or the administration. You will be thinking about the faces sitting in the chairs next to you and all the fun times we had together. Playing sports, supporting from the stands, homecoming and prom nights, going to get food together, or just the simple joy of being in each other’s company. Remember these times because for the past 18 years you’ve been molded by everyone here and tonight we break the mold and start shaping the world ourselves. What will you create? Thank you and goodbye.  

Treaty • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in