Art teacher Nora Olive
A beloved art teacher here at South, we sadly say farewell to Mrs. Nora Olive who has made an incredible difference in the art department.
1) How long have you taught at South?
I have taught here for the last 18 years and I taught summer school for 4 years before that!
2) What classes have you taught/ what have you been involved in over the years?
Design Arts, Drawing, 3-D Design, Digital Design, Mixed Media/Extended Studio, AP Art History and AP Studio.
3) What is/was your favorite thing about South students/ Parkway south?
I would have to say that by teaching art, most students enjoyed my courses. The South High students are very talented and every year I am amazed of the talent of our students. South is a wonderful school full of many things for all types of students to do and be successful with. We are fortunate to have so many different types of art classes for the students to take!
4) What will you miss the most?
I will miss the students and the great teachers that I work with.
5) What are you plans following your retirement?
My husband and I will be traveling to a few places we have never been, Iceland and Bermuda. Also playing with our grandsons!
6) Describe your time at South in one word