Problems with Ac. Lab restrictions

HEY ! You right there do you have your orange card in your hand?” says the third hall monitor in the last 60 seconds.

That is a small example of the rules to aclab that have progressed over the years and gotten worse. Some of these restrictions don’t benefit the students. For example, when you’re late, coming to

Ac. Lab no matter if you’re 3 seconds or 3 minutes, the teacher announces to you that “you can’t travel this aclab.” Principals and administrators stand strong by the new rules. However this restriction does not help the student. This restriction does not benefit students. If anything this restrictionholds students back from being able to do there work. For example if there’s a kid traveling in the hallway and they don’t have their orange card, they will have to go all the way back their aclab and potentially be red lined. Leaving your aclab without your orange card can cause major problems. Majority of the time they’re still standing there discussing a non relevant issue when the student could have been catching up on something or doing homework. I however, don’t believe orange cards are necessary. I believe your Ac. Lab teacher should know where you’re headed off to, but I don’t think the orange cards solve anything. It creates more problems for some. This is the main reason why it’s not beneficial to the student.

These restrictions prevent students from using Ac. Lab efficiently. The time isn’t being used efficiently because students are often bombarded in the hallways by hall moniter questions. That’s taking up time which makes Ac. Lab inefficient. I do however understand that students are not to travel after the bell rings. I understand this restriction because it was already a rule that seems reasonable for the students not allowing them to just roam the halls. But then again if a student has to use the restroom or get a drink I strongly feel like that should be acceptable. What do you want the student to do? And another reason why kids might end up in the hallway is that some students may need more time to travel than the time that’s given. I say this because you only have two mods when you are allowed to vist teachers. That means you are only allowed to visit two teachers for an extended period of time. And he/she might be the one to cause you more time. And other students finish their work faster than others. This causes students to need more or less time with teachers, and the culmination of these restrictions does not help students.