Clowning business

It started in South Carolina and soon spread across the nation.The clowns have been terrorizing school with death threats and kidnap threats.   

Principal Eric Wilhelm said he believes that the clowns are just simply hyping up the reboot of an old clown movie, IT by Stephen King,  made in 1990 and making its reappearance in 2017. IT, features an evil clown named Pennywise.

There are some who believe the clowns will not follow through with their threats such as sophomore Adam Wells. The Pattonville School District was directly threatened by the clowns they said, “We will be at all high schools to either kidnap students or kill teachers going to they car’s.” Lafayette High school also had problems with the clowns when they found a picture on instagram of a clown on top of the building. That clown turned out to be the school’s band director.

“They are annoying and just stupid,”Wells said. “I would hit them with my car, yell at them and then hit them with a bat.”  

However, not all students think the clowns are joking around.

“I sure hope South is prepared for a clown attack.”said Senior Luke Bauer  

There have been consequences for dressing up as a clown though according to School’s Resource Officer Evan Waters

“People have been shot in Texas, and run over in Indiana,” said Waters

Now Target stores across America are no longer selling clown masks to the public for Halloween to prevent anymore people from continuing the clown hysteria.   

”If the clowns follow through with the treats it would be a Class C felony”,said Waters.  

A Class C felony is the third most serious felony with a minimum of five years and a maximum punishment of seven years in prison.

Some feel that this outbreak of creepy clowns is sad and disappointing.

“It’s upsetting to me to see that these clowns are give all other clowns a bad, name,”said Principal Wilhelm.

Older St. Louisiana may remember Corky the clown, Cliff St James, who was a normal clown on T.V in the 1960’s in Chase Park Plaza. The kids enjoyed watching Corky on T.V but now tremble in fear. Also Wells, Principal Wilhelm, and Bauer feel that if they were to dress up as a clown that they would be attacked for doing so. However, P.E. teacher Tony Griffith said he is not afraid to dress as a clown.

“Apparently everyone will run away from me so I have no fear to dress like a clown,”Griffith said

“These clowns are morons they are just playing and fears of others. Can’t we just all get along” Tony Griffith said