Classroom pets

Classroom+pets

April is the famous Chinchilla around South. April has been in Kathy Scheff’s classroom for seventeen years. She received April a year after her first Chinchilla Squeakers. Students in Scheff’s class love to take April out and play with her and hold her.

“She is best described as cute, cuddly, chill once you get her out of her cage,” said Mrs. Scheff. Mrs. Scheff also said that there are too many memories to recall a favorite.

Sydney, the Bearded Dragon has been in science teacher Berger’s class for five years, right along with Monty, the Ball Python. Berger used to work as a zookeeper and has a large love for animals. She wanted to give students an opportunity to create the love passion for animals and through holding them. Sydney, is six years old and,  she is well known for pooping on one of the students in her class. While The Python, Monty is one in a half years old

Louie, the second Bearded Dragon is in science teacher Todd Yeager’s classroom. Yeager said “Louie’s job is to guard the classroom tests.”  Louie was given to Yeager years ago by a student whose parents said he was not taking proper care of him. All the kids in Yeager’s class enjoy holding and rubbing Louie. However “sometimes, he can be a bit of a distraction,” says Yeager. Louie never leaves South High during the school year and, he only needs to eat about once a week. Mr. Yeager leaves him at South for spring break and just feeds him before he leaves and when he gets back.